The latest streaming report is out courtesy of StreamHatchet. Streaming trends between Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook are analyzed, compared, and quantified in this 20+ page report. According to their findings, there are a number of specific behaviors to take note of among streaming viewership trends.
Summary of the report
- YouTube is viewed as the destination of choice for videos on demand (VOD), while also becoming a more dominating choice among gamers in the livestreaming space. The service already dominates as a repository for VODs, which makes its encroachment into the livestreaming space a sensible move.
- Facebook is focusing efforts as a destination for mobile streaming, while letting the other contenders fight over PC viewership. Their top three streamed games are mobile titles and two of their top three streamers are PUBG mobile streamers.
- Even though Mixer stole two of Twitch’s top streamers (Shroud and Ninja), Mixer’s total hours have actually decreased. This acts as a testament to viewership loyalty when it comes to Twitch.
- Fortnite is the most-streamed game on the market, regardless of how individual streamers’ ranking change. This game has garnered a very loyal following, similar to titles like CS:GO and League of Legends.
- League of Legends viewership remains the most consistent when it comes to casual, league, and tournament viewership.
- PUBG Mobile is viewed as one title that will become extremely successful in the future. More publishers are moving to support mobile projects, whether its new titles or remakes of popular PC/console games. Continued momentum in this sector will only lead to increased viewership on mobile game livestreaming.
- League of Legends and Fortnite have both gained in popularity differently. League of Legends puts forward high-quality tournaments to keep the game popular, whereas Fortnite allows streamers to become content creators to establish a more viral aspect to the game.
- Of the top 10 most-watched games, only one is mobile. More mobile titles are expected to break into the top 10 over 2020.